This recipe is a favorite in our house. It only has 5 ingredients that are dumped in the order they are listed. It's great for a delicious meal at the end of a busy day.
2-4 lbs of roast
1 packet of Ranch seasoning
1 packet of Au jus gravy mix
2T unsalted butter (optional)
4-5 jarred Pepperoncini peppers (or more if you really like Pepperoncini's)
For serving- buns and provolone, noodles, or mashed potatoes. Add your favorite BBQ sauce if you're making sandwiches.
Other tips- Add some chopped onion to the slow cooker if you like onion flavor. Serve it with the roast along with the pepperoncini peppers if you like. If you are worried about the pepperocini spice try adding a 1/2C of jarred juice.
1. Put your roast in a slow cooker (I add the roast either frozen or thawed)
2. Sprinkle with ranch and au jus packets
3. Top with pieces of butter, peppers, and juice.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for about half the time.
5. When cooking time is finished remove roast and shred the beef. Strain the liquid from the crockpot. Return the meat and pour some of the liquid over to moisten it.
6. Serve the meat over buns with a slice provolone cheese and some mayo. Add some of your favorite barbecue sauce if you want to, although no necessary. Or serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
Cook it in your Instant Pot by adding your ingredients to the Instant Pot, add about 1C of beef broth, then cook over manual high pressure for one hour. Let the pressure release naturally and you're ready to eat!